Overland has a saying: effortless data. And that means that our most important goal is to deliver simple, cost-effective storage solutions to our customers. We appreciate our customers and partners and how they continue to support us – however most of them don’t get an inside look into how we came up with the solutions that live in their offices and datacenters. Well, we’re excited to do that with the Overland Storage blog! It’s the destination to learn more about everything happening here at Overland – including product and company news, marketplace trends, technical insights, best practices for customers and everything in between.
To kick things off, I’d like to share with you some announcements that we’re excited about:
- We have one of the largest product footprints in the storage industry. We have shipped more than 400,000 units to customers around the world that include Fortune 1000 companies and organizations across sectors comprised of government, education and healthcare and life sciences companies. In the last year, we’ve doubled sales across SnapServer, SnapSAN and NEO.
- Overland is committed to US-based manufacturing. We have maintained our San Diego headquarters for more than thirty years and we are one of the only storage companies that currently manufactures products in the United States. In fact, 100% of Overland tape products are manufactured in the U.S.
- Hundreds of educational institutions choose Overland. We have a strong foothold within the higher education market with more than 2000 successful product deployments at colleges and universities around the world. What’s more, half of American Ivy League schools run on Overland Storage.
- We are committed to supporting channel partners and sell exclusively through the channel. Our FastTrack Partner Program played a key role in doubling our branded product sales growth over the past year. Moreover, enhancements to the sales enablement program for worldwide channel partners resulted in ten-fold growth of the registered user base and more than tripled deal registrations. For more information on the resources and support partners receive through the FastTrack Partner Program, please visit: http://www.overlandstorage.com/partners.
- Our executive team is consistently recognized for its excellence in the channel. Jillian Mansolf, Overland’s vice president of global sales and marketing, has been consistently recognized by leading channel publication, CRN, as a 2011 Channel Chief and as one of the “Power 100: Most Powerful Women of the Channel 2010” and again in 2011, for her work on strengthening partner relationships and developing programs and resources that enable partners to rapidly grow their businesses with Overland.
- Overland frequently offers customers and partners some of the best deals around. We love to offer Overland partners and customers opportunities to get more for less – that’s why we created our promotions program.
When I joined Overland as CEO at the beginning of 2009 I was excited about the opportunity to continue working with award-winning product lines like SnapServer that I believe deliver incredible value to businesses. But mostly I joined because I knew there was the potential to tell Overland Storage’s story, shape the company to reflect our commitment to excellence and connect with hundreds of thousands of loyal customers, partners and employees around the world, without whom there would be no Overland Storage story to tell. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
I also want to thank you for visiting the Overland Storage blog and I encourage you to get in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter and comment in the space below.